Letter to My Readers!

Welcome to my blog! I truely appreciate you stopping to read my posts... please feel free to leave feedback in the comment areas. I welcome positive and negative feedback. Definitly for the poems, I love when people provide me with comments so that I can better my pieces. I hope you enjoy!

Friday, July 4, 2008

Master Divinity

For you i would give up my child
my body i would defile
give it to me, until i say no more
you gave me what i want and forever i will adore

you are an uncontrollible temptation
your strength- i crave
your power, an idol, a fixation
alas i have become your slave

i need you like non other
cocaine...i lust for you to my core
you got me so high i cant get sober
why cant i have more?

i have fallen under your sovereignty
you're my one and only zeal
you have become my divinity
to have you i would kill


i wrote this as an english assignment. its pains me to say that cocaine and other drugs do become peoples addictions to the point they in a sense reverence the drug itself. even as the writer of this poem it was hard to stomach because it told a story of so many drug addicts, some close to home. if i had known this poem would be so morbid and depressing i would have probably never wrote it. however, im glad i did.

No comments: