Letter to My Readers!

Welcome to my blog! I truely appreciate you stopping to read my posts... please feel free to leave feedback in the comment areas. I welcome positive and negative feedback. Definitly for the poems, I love when people provide me with comments so that I can better my pieces. I hope you enjoy!

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My People

Ode to My People
Oh hail, to my black people
oh they tried to brake you and make your mind feable
your mind regenerated and you are stronger now more than ever
in this broken nation your are its heart unsevered

for a long time, you struggled to find your place
and always woke up with heart ache in your face
and you merely gave it a kiss
cause that was your way of appearing ignorance bliss

oh hail, my strapping black brotha'
that took blows from masta' one afta' anotha'
they tried to destroy you by any means necessary
their tactics to obliterate you is televised and known as legendary

knowing you have strength like none other
aroused the minds of your oppressor
and since then they planned for your demise
but oh! one day you will rise

oh hail to my strong black sista'
who has fought despite being bludgeoned by circumstance
and for a long time coming shown condemnation
but still in all, stood as the back bone just to see your man advance

oh hail to my black brothas and sistas!!!!

No comments: